Compared to our competitors
From an environmental impact standpoint, let's see how we compare to our competitors first.
We started our project by realizing how difficult and risky it is for consumers to buy Bluetooth headphones similar to Airpods online. Many resellers take advantage of the confusion and great demand to enrich themselves with dishonest practices such as:
- Never shipping the orders;
- Send a product inferior to the one ordered;
- Promise fast delivery when it actually takes more than three weeks due to the nature of dropshipping;
- Not paying taxes to the government;
- Failing to honor the promised warranty;
- Never responding to emails;
- Or even close their website after a while just to open another one under a new name.
This is the primary source of environmental impact for our competitors. Their poor quality and dysfunctional products are simply thrown away, often without ever being used by the customers.
In our case, our (rarely) defective products are managed responsibly.
We have implemented a policy for replacing broken parts: components in good condition are returned to us and refurbished. They are then used as a free replacement for other customers whose parts break or present a defect, thus preventing them from throwing away their pods prematurely. What is not recoverable is sent to an electronic waste management center.
Then, we make sure that our suppliers limit overpackaging: since we started, we have thus eliminated certain superfluous "layers", such as the plastic film which wrapped each box of pods that we received.
Jari Pará Forest Conservation Project
Our contributions help to provide the region with more resources to deploy ranger patrols to combat illegal harvesters.